Marina del Rey, situated on the picturesque coastlines of Southern California, beckons with its glistening waters, iconic harbor, and limitless coastal appeal. This coastal enclave is renowned for its beautiful marina and water-based activities, but there is much more to explore beyond the harbor. So, what to do near Marina Del Rey?
Whether you’re a local looking for new experiences or a tourist looking to explore the best of the Los Angeles area, the Marina del Rey area has a range of attractions and activities to offer.
This article will guide you through the hidden gems and exciting activities that await a stone’s toss from this coastal paradise.
Where Is Marina Del Rey?
Marina del Rey is in California, United States. It is a coastal community located west of the metropolis of Los Angeles in Los Angeles County. Marina del Rey is recognized for its picturesque marina, waterfront residences, and recreational marine activities.
Its proximity to Venice Beach and Santa Monica makes it an attractive location for residents and visitors who wish to experience the Southern California coastline.
What To Do Near Marina Del Rey?
Marina del Rey is a seaside area in Los Angeles County, California, known for its marina, beautiful views, and a variety of recreational activities. Whether you’re a local or a visitor, there’s plenty to see and do in and around Marina del Rey.
- Boat Rentals: Rent a canoe or kayak to explore the marina and get a unique perspective of the surrounding area. You can also participate in sailing or a fishing expedition.
- Paddleboarding: Stand-up paddleboarding is a favorite pastime in the tranquil waters of the marina.
- Whale Watching: Depending on the season, you can schedule a whale-watching excursion to observe these majestic creatures.
- Burton W. Chace Park: The Burton W. Chace Park features picnic areas, pedestrian paths, and breathtaking views of the marina. Additionally, it is a popular location for community events and concerts.
- Marvin Braude Bike Trail: The 22-mile-long Marvin Braude Bike Trail runs along the Pacific coastline and provides breathtaking views and great exercise.
- Beaches: Nearby beaches such as Venice Beach and Playa del Rey Beach offer the quintessential Southern California beach experience, including surfing, volleyball, and sunbathing.
Food and Drink
- Waterfront Dining: Indulge in a meal at one of the numerous waterfront establishments. Seafood is a specialty of the area.
- Farmers Market: The Marina del Rey Farmers Market is held on Saturdays and features fresh produce, baked goods, and artisanal goods.
- Cafés and Bars: You will find a variety of cafés and bars, from casual coffee shops to upscale cocktail bars, where you can decompress.
- Waterside at Marina del Rey: The Waterside at Marina del Rey shopping center features a variety of fashion and electronics stores and culinary options.
- Abbot Kinney Boulevard: Abbot Kinney Boulevard is a brief drive away from Venice and is lined with trendy boutiques, art galleries, and restaurants.
- Venice Canals: Inspired by the canals of Venice, Italy, these canals offer a tranquil and picturesque walking experience.
- Santa Monica Pier: The Santa Monica Pier is a short journey north and features a variety of restaurants, an amusement park, and an aquarium.
- Ballona Wetlands: This ecological reserve is excellent for bird-watching and offers a different type of natural beauty than the seashore.
- Gallery Hopping: Venice and Santa Monica offer a variety of art galleries showcasing both local and international artists.
- Live Music and Performances: Consult the Marina del Rey event calendar for upcoming live music, theater, and dance performances.
- Movie Nights: During the summer, outdoor movie screenings are frequently held in local parks and even on the shore.
Marina del Rey offers something for everyone, whether they are interested in water sports, dining, shopping, or simply relaxing on the shore.
This was all about what to do near Marina Del Rey. The allure of Marina del Rey extends far beyond its gorgeous harbor and encompasses a world of entertainment, culture, and outdoor recreation in the surrounding area. From exploring Venice Beach’s sandy shores to indulging in Abbot Kinney Boulevard’s culinary delights, the adjacent area offers an abundance of activities to suit every taste.
It is a destination that promises to gratify your sense of adventure and leave you with unforgettable memories of the coastal treasures of Southern California.
Thank you for reading!
Learn more: What To Do In West New York?